Thursday, July 21, 2011

American Gothic House in 3-D!

AGHC received an email from Paul Anater of St. Petersburg, Florida about a three-dimensional model he created of the house for use in a presentation on kitchen cabinets. He sent the following email about his work:


“I was hired by Kraftmaid Cabinetry to deliver a presentation about using new software in my process as a designer. I had 25 minutes to fill and rather than bore people to death I wanted to tell a story about how I integrate new software into art. Because I'm a designer and my audience was also designers, I decided to recreate a 3-D model of the American Gothic house, position the finished model on the lot where the house actually sits using Google Earth and then I would draw a modern interior design of the house.

I detailed the specifics of my idea and my presentation on my blog here: http://www.kitchenandresidentialdesign.com/2010/04/american-gothic-explained-and-renovated.html

Google has since added my model to Google Earth and my replica of the house is the only three dimensional building in Eldon: http://www.kitchenandresidentialdesign.com/2010/05/american-gothic-house-is-now-on-google.html

So now with the help of Google Earth, the American Gothic house has a new life in the internet.”

Thank you to Paul for sharing his exciting work! The model is now available to view on the American Gothic House Center website on the Photo Gallery page. You can find it at this link: http://www.wapellocounty.org/americangothic/gallery/index.htm


Holly Berg


Administrator
American Gothic House Center
theamericangothichouse@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment