Thursday, June 23, 2011

Free from flooding and a new parody!

Over the last week, the American Gothic House Center has received several inquiries about how the current flooding in Iowa may affect their travels to the center and through Iowa. For those not from the Iowa area who are interested in visiting I thought I would use today’s blog to provide some information to plan for your visit!

Most of the flooding currently in Iowa is very far away from your travels to AGHC! However, there are some routes into Iowa that are being affected by the flooding, including I-29, I-680, IA-2, and IA-333. But there are still many ways to come through Iowa so I hope the flooding doesn’t discourage anyone from visiting! If you would like to check for road closures (including closures due to construction) visit the Iowa Department of Transportation Traveler Information site here:

http://hb.511ia.org/main.jsf

Also, always feel free to call or email AGHC if you have questions before your visit!


Now, for a little bit of fun! Since I began my position at AGHC a few weeks ago, many friends and family members have been sending me American Gothic parody images they come across. Today I received one from a friend that just came out on the new cover of Entertainment Weekly, so I thought I’d share it.


It never ceases to amaze me how one picture can be referenced in so many ways!


Holly Berg

Administrator
American Gothic House Center
theamericangothichouse@gmail.com


The American Gothic House Center strives to become financially independent through gift shop revenue, sponsorships, and by establishing an endowment fund. Funds raised in this campaign will be used to match the Iowa Cultural Trust Endowment Challenge Grant and will become endowment funds to support the Center's annual operations. As a subscriber to the weekly newsletter, you have already shown support for the American Gothic House Center. I invite you to strengthen your role in the valuable experience we provide the community by making a contribution to our fund drive. Click here to give your tax deductible gift, or head to our website for more information. Thank you to all who have donated so far!

Our Mission: Integrating the puzzle pieces of American Gothic

300 American Gothic St | Eldon, IA 52554 | 641-652-3352 | theamericangothichouse@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment