Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week One!

My first week as Administrator at the American Gothic House Center has been fantastic. The people in Eldon and the surrounding community have been so friendly and welcoming. I was a bit worried at first about quickly moving to a new area and starting a new position, but my fears have been swept away by everyone's hospitable nature.

I have been following AGHC since before I began working here and have seen all of the great things Molly Moser, the previous Administrator, has done! I want to maintain the great momentum Molly had at AGHC and continue her work, as well as create new ways to enhance AGHC!

Though I know I will continue to have questions for Molly, the wonderful volunteer staff at the AGHC have been an immense help in orienting me in my new position. It was apparent from day one that the volunteers are an integral part of making the AGHC operate smoothly!

I have also loved meeting all of the visitors to the AGHC this week. It is so amazing to meet people from all over the country who have come just to see the American Gothic House. I even got to take a picture of a rabbit (and its owners) in front of the house. I am excited to know that every day at the AGHC will bring new faces and experiences...and probably new stories as well!


American Gothic Days June 10-12:

American Gothic Days in Eldon is quickly approaching! AGHC will be hosting an 5K Run/Walk, Bike Ride, and Art Contest. Follow these links for more information and a registration form.

5K Run/Walk

Bike Ride

Art Contest


There are also many other activities going on in Eldon during American Gothic Days so be sure to make a weekend of it! A full list of events can be found here.


Holly Berg

Administrator
American Gothic House Center
theamericangothichouse@gmail.com


The American Gothic House Center strives to become financially independent through gift shop revenue, sponsorships, and by establishing an endowment fund. Funds raised in this campaign will be used to match the Iowa Cultural Trust Endowment Challenge Grant and will become endowment funds to support the Center's annual operations. As a subscriber to the weekly newsletter, you have already shown support for the American Gothic House Center. I invite you to strengthen your role in the valuable experience we provide the community by making a contribution to our fund drive. Click here to give your tax deductible gift, or head to our website for more information. Thank you to all who have donated so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment